Did you know there are certain things that will make you not a good candidate for eyelash extensions?
Here’s a quick list:
1. Do you eat your nails or pluck your brows or lashes?
It’s a pretty common condition which is called trichotillomania (and I can’t pronounce it).
If you wear eyelash extensions, the first 2 weeks will be good for it as you don’t want to pluck your lashes anymore but if you don’t get them infilled after every 2 weeks, they start growing out which will encourage your bad habit of plucking them. And unfortunately, you will pluck out your natural lashes with the extensions. 😞
2. Are you applying mascara on your extensions regularly?
It’s okay to use mascara on top of your extensions once every blue moon but not regularly.
It will make them last less and if your mascara is really sticky, it won’t come off well either.
3. Are you super jumpy? Is it hard for you to stay in one place and not move?
First off, you should start cutting your coffee intake.👆
Secondly, eyelash extensions appointment can take 2h the first time.
It takes lots of detailed work for the lash technician to separate and find your natural lash and place an extension on it ( trust me it sounds easier than it is). So if you can’t relax and enjoy the process, it may not be for you.
4. Do you have skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis? Eyelash extensions won’t do anything for it but if you are very sensitive, it may exaggerate the condition and make your skin even drier :(
5. Are you a person who really can’t keep up with maintenance?
Even though there is almost NOTHING you need to do while wearing eyelash extensions, you do need to have regular infills or get them removed, if they are for an event only. If you can’t keep up with the infill appointments after every 3 or 4 weeks, it won’t be good for the extensions or your lashes.
So my question to you is, are eyelash extensions for you?