It´s all about eyebrows! They can either compliment your face or make it a disaster.
Here are just some mistakes I have come across with my work:
1. DON´T use black. Anything black on your eyebrows is a big no no! Its unnatural and very harsh on your face.
DO- choose a shade of brown instead.
2. DON´T over pluck your eyebrows. Thick eyebrows are in fashion at the moment and years of over plucking might result to hair loss.
INSTEAD - if you are not sure about shaping your brows, find a professional who will show you how to do it.
3. DON´T shave! Shaving is for your other parts of the body but not your brows. The skin near your eyebrows is very thin and you might end up cutting yourself.
DO try out other hair removing options like threading, waxing or tweezing. This way they´ll be pulled out from the root.
4. DON´T make your eyebrows uneven when plucking or shaping them.
INSTEAD if you have sparse or uneven shape use a pencil, powder and eyebrow gel to make them perfect.
5. DON´T draw your eyebrows too long on the tale. This is a bit extreme but your eyebrows and the hair line should not be connected.
6. DON´T have double eyebrows. We are born with two so lets leave it like that...
7. Having colorful eyebrows. Unless you´re full time job is being a clown or you are visiting a carnival, it is not a fashion statement to have blue, red or pink brows. They should not express your artistic soul.
I´m gonna finish off with some eyebrow mistakes I found on the internet.
As with everything else in this world you need to take care of your new extensions to make them last longer and stay beautiful.
1. Wash them! This is the most important point. Best way to wash off your make up is to use foam make up removers. You can buy them at the salon. Unfortunately if you don´t wash them properly, you will have dirt building up on them which will brake the bond of adhesive (I´m not even gonna go into the lengths that I need do to get that makeup off when doing infills!)
2. Don´t pick on your lashes! I always say to my clients- don´t do anything that will hurt them! If you pick and rub your lashes you might pull out natural lashes prematurely.
3. When you use make up: that includes eyeliners and other eye-makeup, wash them afterwards.
Don´t use any cotton pads or makeup wipes to remove it. The fiber will get stuck in them and again you might pull the extensions.
4. Brush them! Specially when you have volume lashes. We would like them to stay soft and fluffy as long as possible. Brush them every time after they have gotten wet.
5. Don´t use any make up, creams or anything else on lashes which has oil in them. Oil brakes the bond of the adhesive and they might come out prematurely.
6. Don´t get scared if you see some of the extensions coming off. Its normal and good! Your lashes are naturally shedding and when they fall out, new ones grow back (normal life cycle lasts for 60-90 days). This means that with the right application, you don´t need to have a break from extensions!
Otherwise, enjoy looking beautiful without putting any effort to it and love your lashes!